RTI CELL, COURT CASES AND SUO MOTO DISCLOSURE COMMITTEE
Right to Information Act 2005 mandates timely response to citizen requests for government information which aims to bring about transparency in the functioning of public authorities by creating a process for providing information to people.
It jurisdictionally covers offices of:
Right to Information
- Right to inspect works, documents, records
- Right to take notes, extracts or certified copies
- Right to take samples
- Right to obtain information in electronic form
- Right to information whose disclosure is in the public interest
Important description/definitions as per RTI Act:
Information- Information refers to records, documents, memos, emails, opinions, advices, press releases, circulars, orders, logbooks, contracts, reports, papers, samples, models, data material held in any electronic form.
Record- Record refers to
Procedure For Receiving Information
- In accordance with the act the act information is provided to the appellant on receipt of application along with application fee. The complete applications may be submitted to the Office of the Director Principal, Dr. B. R. Ambedkar State Institute of Medical Sciences, S.A.S. Nagar (Mohali).
- The application fee is paid in form of Demand Draft, Banker’s Cheque, On Demand Pay or Postal Order in favour of Director Principal, Dr. B. R. Ambedkar State Institute of Medical Sciences, S.A.S. Nagar (Mohali) to the tune of Rs. 10/- per application.
- Fee for providing information under sub-section(4) of section 4 and sub-section(1) and (5) of section 7 of the act is charged at Rs. 2/- per page.
- The information is also given in terms of inspection of the documents within the provisions of Act. The maximum limit for providing information is within 30 days of receipt of application may also be extendable subject to quantum of information.
Appeal by the Applicant
In case if the applicant is unsatisfied with the information provided by the PIO or the same is denied on account of exemption of information or any other reason the applicant has right to make appeal to Appellate Authority within 30 days of the rejection of the application.
Following officers shall be processing requests for information under RTI Act 2005