HOSTEL,MENTORSHIP AND ANTI-RAGGING CELL
- To consider the complaints received from the students and conduct inquiry and punishment for the offenders.
- To conduct the workshops against ragging and orient the students.
- To take necessary measures for the prevention of ragging.
AIMS Mohali and its hostel facilities have zero tolerance for ragging. Students are informed to follow the Antiragging act and ensure a ragging free campus.
To ensure compliance as per the UGC Regulations on curbing menace of ragging in higher educational institutions, 2009, the Anti-ragging Committee is nominated and headed by the Head of the institution.
The committee will ensure compliance with the provisions of the Anti ragging regulations and recommend suitable action in case of any ragging incident.
Government/University Grants Commission (UGC), guidelines notified vide no.F.1-16/2009 (CPP-II) dated 21-10-2009 on Curbing the Menace of Ragging in Higher Educational Institutions, 2009 (Under Section 26(1) (g) of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956) are strictly implemented at AIMS Mohali.
According to the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India Ragging constitutes one or more of any of the following acts which may cause or is likely to cause physical or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in a fresher or a junior student:
Measures to prevent ragging:
Depending upon the nature and gravity of the offence as established, the possible punishments as per AICTE / UGC Section 9 for those found guilty of ragging at the institution level, shall be any one or any combination of the following :
- File a complaint with the Police Authority
- Suspension from college / hostels
- Withholding/withdrawing scholarship/fellowship and other benefits.
- Debarring from appearing in any test/examination/placement or other evaluation process.
- Withholding results / Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc.
- Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution.
- Fine upto 2 lakhs rupees
Students are encouraged to report any ragging act witnessed or experienced by them to any faculty member/ anti-ragging committee / Students grievance redressal committee/any staff member with whom the student may feel comfortable. The Institute will ensure confidentiality of such a disclosure by the student.
Anti-Ragging toll free:-1800-180-5522 (24*7)
Anti-Ragging Email id:-email@example.com.
ANTI-RAGGING COMMITEE MEMBERS
|Dr Bhavneet Bharti (Director-Principal)||9914208327|
|Dr Reena Singla||9896212241|
|Dr Sonia Mehta||7528901965|
|Dr Anuradha Bhatia||8146760048|
|Dr Jyoti Rohilla||9671279650|
|Dr Sonia Phulke||9876641140|
|Dr Karan Aggarwal||8826007044|
|Dr Amrit Preet||9855000655|
|Dr Shiwani Sharma||8979511900|
|Dr Ramanpreet Kaur||9464091211|